To whom does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to everyone for whom Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. processes personal data.
An overview of the most important categories is listed below:
- visitors to our website;
- Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. clients (and their employees);
- recipients of Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. newsletters and other mailings
- suppliers (and their employees);
- third parties that communicate with Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V.;
What personal data does Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. process?
Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. processes personal data that you have provided to us, personal data generated during your visit to our website and while reading newsletters, and personal data we have derived from other sources.
Provided to Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. by you:
- Contact details and other personal data that are necessary for handling your case;
- Personal data you provide to Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. in the context of events, seminars, meetings and newsletters for which you have registered.
Personal data received via our website:
- Data concerning your visit to our website;
- Data concerning the device you used to visit our website, for example your IP address;
- Your surfing behaviour and interests.
Personal data received from other sources:
- Personal data received from public online sources such as company websites and social media platforms such as LinkedIn;
- Personal data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce or the Land Registry;
- Other personal data relating to you that we obtained in handling cases via (inter alia) clients and counterparties.
Why does Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. process your personal data?
Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. uses your personal data for several purposes:
- To provide legal and tax services performed by our lawyers for our clients;
- To comply with our statutory obligations, such as retention obligations, obligations under the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme, WWFT);
- To contact and communicate with you;
- To perform marketing activities, such as sending newsletters and other forms of marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To secure, use and improve our website.
- To improve the quality of our services;
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
The protection of your data
Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. People who have access to your data or files on Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V.'s behalf have a duty of confidentiality, inter alia on the basis of the rules of conduct and rules of professional practice applicable to them. Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. uses technological and operational security standards that are generally accepted in the sector in order to protect personal data from being lost, misused, altered or destroyed. If you have any questions about the protection of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us via email@example.com.
The transfer of your personal data to the abovementioned third parties will only take place for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement.
Third parties to whom we provide your personal data may themselves be responsible for complying with privacy legislation. Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties.
To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a Processor of Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. and therefore acts at the request and on the instructions of Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V., Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. concludes a processing agreement with such third party which meets the requirements set out in the Regulation.
Data outside the European Union
In order to provide our services, it may be necessary for Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Union. In that case Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. ensures that such data transfer is in accordance with the Regulation.
Purposes for the processing of personal data
Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. may process personal data for a number of purposes. The data processing may be necessary to perform a contract for the provision of legal services or to comply with a statutory requirement. In some cases we will ask for your explicit consent, for example for the use of certain cookies, or, if you are not a client, for receiving commercial communications.
Data may also be processed in connection with a justified interest of Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V., for example for the purpose of internal administration, effective communications, quality improvement or direct marketing for clients and active contacts of Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. In the latter case, an opt-out is always offered.
Engaging third parties/ sharing data with third parties
In certain cases it may be necessary for Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. to give third parties access to personal data. A non-exhaustive overview is provided below:
- Third parties that are relevant to the legal services we provide, such as counterparties, local lawyers, courts, regulatory authorities and government institutions;
- Third parties, such as regulators and other organisations, in order to comply with our statutory obligations;
- External suppliers in connection with the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as ICT suppliers, suppliers of communication services or other suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services.
Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. will not retain your personal data any longer than is necessary for achieving the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or for complying with statutory retention periods.
You have the right to ask Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. to correct, supplement, delete or block your personal data if it is incomplete, incorrect or is being processed in contravention of any statutory provision. You also have the right to request Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. to inform you of any personal data it holds relating to you. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, emails or invitations to seminars, you can unsubscribe at any time and at no cost via firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. will discontinue the processing if it is required by law to do so. Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. will continue with the processing if there are justified imperative grounds to do so that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or that are related to bringing, exercising or substantiating a legal action.
At Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. we attach great value to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our customers with the services we provide. That is why we regularly survey customer satisfaction levels and use the results to further improve our services. If you feel that aspects of our services could be improved, please bring it to the attention of your lawyer. We will take all the steps necessary to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
In addition, you have at all times the right and the option to submit a complaint about Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V.'s processing of personal data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Statement is subject to change
Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. reserves the right to amend or alter this Privacy Statement if, for example, there are changes to the processing or if legislation changes. If there are substantial changes, Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. will notify you of this. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to create any obligation or cause any agreement to be concluded between Kuyp Baar advocaten B.V. and any visitor to this Internet site or to provide any information in that context.